URGENT ACTION ALERT: Help bring HB 1888 Legalizing Industrial Hemp up for a vote in the Senate. Call and email your Senator and urge them to act! http://ow.ly/utJWH Full roster here: https://dlr.leg.wa.gov/MemberEmail/Default.aspx?Chamber=S
Also, please call Senate leadership:
Majority Coalition Leader Rodney Tom – 786-7694
Republican Leader Mark Schoesler – 786-7620
Majority Caucus Chair Linda Evans Parlette – 786-7622
Majority Floor Leader Joe Fain – 786-7692
1. Since the bill will have a large economic impact it is “Necessary to Implement the Budget” and still alive for consideration.
2. Passing the bill will mean hundreds if not thousands of new jobs in Washington.
3. This bill will likely help save the pulp and paper industry in Southwest Washington.
4. Washington State used to be one of the largest exporters of Industrial Hemp in the world.
5. The uses of Industrial Hemp are vast not just paper but also, insulation (hempcrete), sisal twine for our hops fields and vineyards, shampoo, animal feed, and clothing.